Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Explanation of the blog title...

There are several explanations for the title of this blog, the very STRANGE title of this blog. That's right! I admit it, it's strange. And as much as I almost hated pressing "continue" on the blog set-up screen, I also almost secretly LOVED it at the same time. It's strange, but you won't forget it, I'll bet!

Anyway, on with the explanation... I tried TEN, yes TEN different names. ALL ten were currently in use already. I even decided to be really lame and just use "something creative" as the title until I had more time to sit down and actually BE creative. "something creative" had already been used as well, go figure (guess it wasn't something creative after all!) It was at that point I gave up my search trying for something normal, because if I couldn't use a rather odd title such as "something creative" then I knew I really needed to dive right in and aim for something REALLY odd. There's the first part of the explanation. I was DESPERATE for anything to go through as "available" and not "currently in use".

The second part is that, truthfully, I really DO love lilies; they're gorgeous flowers and smell INCREDIBLE!! Just the other week I walked outside into my friend Carole's backyard and smelled lilies and nearly fainted from the pure pleasure of inhaling the scent of her lilies (here's where I'd post a picture had I thought at the time to take one!).

The third part of the explanation is that my three monkeys and I (tried "three monkeys" as a title, too, I should add!) read The B Book tonight before bed. The B Book, in case you've never read it, consists almost entirely of words that begin with the letter "B". Somewhere near the end of the book you have big brown bear, blue bull, beautiful baboon, blowing bubbles, biking backwards, bumping (someones) banana baskets and bob bunny's something or other and they all break baby bird's balloon...

My name is Leah. It starts with "L". I love lilies. I needed something strange so I could FINALLY find an unused title for my blog and move on with the whole process. I read The B Book to my children tonight. Lots of B's... I knew I could do something with lots of L's. So I did. Laughing Leah Loves Lilies. And there you have it!

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

LOVE THE TITLE!!! And isn't the B book the best ever... you know what else begins with B? Betsy!! Can't wait to see what else you will come up with. I am sure you will make an excellent blogger!