Thursday, August 30, 2007

Why I've decided to blog...

I originally thought blogging sounded really stupid, to be totally honest. WHO in their right mind would want to read other people's online journals? WHO in their right mind would want to SHARE their private pictures and thoughts online for the whole world to potentially see? And then, as I was emailed several different links to the blogs of friends, I quickly realized a blog could be a very neat way to a) keep family and friends updated with the daily events of your life, and b) document for yourself life's little tidbits. My interest spiked tremendously when I came across the blog Confessions of a Pioneer Woman She's hilarious, brutally honest and open, witty, thoughtful, and so positive about life... I am OBSESSED with reading her blog!! And I'm taking others down with me, too (be warned, you're next!). I've got several friends now hooked on reading her blog, and I think I've sucked my Auntie in as well. LOL! I also realized that I spend a lot of time entering email addresses each and every time I send out updates or pictures or funny stories about my children to friends and family, and let's face it, I do that A LOT.

I began to realize that I am the sort to enjoy reading other people's online journals, and I would want to share my private pictures and thoughts for the whole world to potentially read (though my goal is to just keep family and friends up-to-date in an easier method than entering a million email addresses each and every time--and I can post as many pictures as I want without worrying how long it will take the email to open for any remaining dial-up'ers). So here I am!

My next issue is narrowing things down into one topic a day! I have several ideas running through my head at this very moment... "The woes of teething children", "Connor, the climber", "Jared vs. Curious George", or maybe even a compilation of pictures that best describe the personalities of my children (and a strange compilation it would be, too!). Maybe "The soon-to-be famous artist, Emily" would be a good one... Won't you just be surprised to see what I come up with? I'm sure I'll probably surprise myself! ha ha!!

1 comment:

MSuparat said...

You're right, I definitely dont think you'll have trouble coming up with topics!
Blogging is neat, it's just like having a website almost! If I didn't have my website, I would probably blog. I did blog for a while, just for myself, but it never took off.
Don't worry about narrowing it down to one topic a day though....the more to read, the better!!