Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Jared!

6 years ago, this adorable Little Man came into my life (Little Man is what I called him until we FINALLY agreed on his name 30 minutes after he was born, after MONTHS of debate...LOL):
Jared,Jared

Jared has been such an amazing little person in my life. It's hard to believe enough time has gone by that he's already SIX!! It seems just yesterday he was that tiny baby in my arms, whom I'd nicknamed Jare-bear, though I'm no longer allowed to call him that. Thankfully, he's very forgiving when I forget; old habits die hard! It seems like just yesterday he was 11-ish months old and saying "uh oh!"--his first word. And wasn't it just yesterday he was cruising through the house, pushing any moveable piece of furniture he could along in front him (he wouldn't walk otherwise, until he was 14.5 months old!)? And wasn't it just yesterday that he was speaking to me in sentences by 20 months old? And being the most obnoxious backseat driver you ever met by age 2.25? ("Watch out for that house, mom!" "Don't drive into that water, mom!" "Mom, see that truck? Don't crash it!" ETC!!!!!). Wasn't it just yesterday he was wearing straw hats, beads, tutus, and plastic high heel dress-up shoes, because his sister paid more attention to him when he did? And wasn't it just yesterday that he was having his first day of preschool? Riding a two-wheel bike? Starting Kindergarten? Everytime I blink, he's off on a new adventure. I hope age 6 brings him more "firsts", good friends, and fun adventures. I hope I can learn to blink a little more slowly because this is all going WAYYYY too fast!

Happy Birthday, Little Man! I ♥ you more than you could possibly imagine. XOXO

3 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

awww...great story! It does go so fast. I remember being in such a hurry to grow up and now all i want is to be younger! :o)

Kaci said...

Sniff....sniff...Happy Birthday Jared! I did call him Jare bear on FB...whoops!

Betsy Hart said...

OMG Leah! Are you trying to make me cry today!! Happy belated birthday Jared! You are a gem. I can't wait to see where your life takes you!