Thursday, February 25, 2010

Connor's Special Day

Because not all the kids celebrate their birthdays during the school year, Connor's preschool teacher has set it up that each child gets a "special day" instead. It's not tied into any sort of birthday celebration, but gives every child the opportunity to have a day where they get some extra focus and attention, and get to bring in a treat, a favorite book from home to share with the class, do a little show-and-tell deal if they choose, etc. Connor had his special day Tuesday and he was soooo excited! He decorated his crown by himself (covering up his entire name in the process...LOL!), then got to talk about his poster to his friends. He refused to let me put very many pictures on his poster because he wanted to DRAW pictures instead. Worked for me, because it was less work having to hunt up pictures and glue them on. woo hoo! ha!

I think I must have had a smudged lense, because every single picture I took of him on his special day was BLURRY! wahhh! Had to share this one anyway:
school stuff,Connor

We brought in chocolate chip cookies for the special treat, and then string cheese and graham crackers for the regular snack. He also brought in his favorite book, Toby, Who are you?, which has been his favorite book for a long time. His friends seemed to really enjoy hearing it when the teacher read it to them at the end of class.

Funny story: On his poster, he had a picture of each of our four pets (turtle, lab, tabby cat, yorkie), a picture of our family, a picture of himself as a baby, and his school picture from this year. He did a drawing of a monkey, a two-wheel bike (which he is bound and determined to learn to ride by this summer, and isn't doing too bad of a job of it either!), his teacher, and his three pretend sisters!!!! I'm pretty sure I've mentioned his three pretend sisters before (one's name is Olivia--which is how the turtle got her name--and he doesn't know the other two pretend sisters' names). I haven't heard much about them for the past few weeks, but as he was telling his class about his poster, he pointed out all the photographs and named the pets and his family members, then got into explaining the drawings. "This is my monkey, and this is my two wheel bike, and this is my sister, and this is my other sister, and this is my other sister, and this is my teacher!!!" His teacher asked him how come he drew so many pictures of Emily, and Connor said, "Those are my 'tend sisters, not my sister Emily." LOL!!!!!

2 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

awww...so cute!

Kaci said...

Hoooooray CJ!!! Elly has tend brothers...maybe CJ tends sisters and Els tend brothers could get together and have a party :)