Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Recent Crafts

As promised, here is some of the stuff that has been keeping me busy these past few weeks!!

Here is a sweater/hat/mittie set I knit for my niece-to-be, Eva, as part of the gift I gave at the baby shower my SIL's sisters threw:
knitting

I wish the lighting were more cooperative! There's a very pretty shimmer to the yarn, as well as the buttons, while still being really soft (soft to touch, but also isn't stiff and bulky)

close-up of the hat:
Photobucket

This is a sweater/hat set my cousin Heather ordered to gift her sister, Heidi (who is due with a baby girl, Gracie, at the end of March)
knitting

These are larger sized, double-sided flannel receiving blankets and coordinating burp rags that I made my SIL and cousin, Heidi (they each got a set of what is pictured below):
sewing

I made them because I remember being really frustrated with the TINY, THIN store-bought receiving blankets. These should be big enough to actually swaddle a new baby, but are a good size to lay down as a play-mat or tummy-time mat as baby gets older. The coordinating burp rags were just something fun to throw in as an "extra". The gifts were a hit at the double shower my mom and I hostessed for my SIL and cousin Heidi, and another cousin of mine put in an order for boy-themed ones! yay!

Here is a gift bag and coordinating card set I made to gift the pink sweater set (crappy lighting, yet again): (I did go back after I'd taken the picture and add a raised square with the little shoe image to the gift bag as well. It just felt like it was lacking something without it)
crafts

some baby cards:
card making

card making

card making

some birthday cards:
card making

card making

card making

card making

Of course there are a number of cards I totally forgot to take pictures of!!

As you can see, I've been pretty busy! Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

I love, love, love your work!

In fact...I'm gonna have another baby just so I can order a sweater and hat set I like them so much! :o)

Cindy Lou Who said...

Disclaimer: There are NOT nor will there ever be another baby in my future *sigh*

But I can dream...LOL

Shan said...

All beautiful Leah. That red sweater is gorgeous. Love that colour!!