Monday, February 15, 2010

DID YOU MISS ME????

I've had my computer back for a week and a half now, but have been SWAMPED with... well, LIFE. In the past two weeks, I have spent countless hours working on a preschool newsletter (which fell victim to the computer crash and is no longer with us... cry!), helped plan and co-hostess and double baby shower, knit an infant sweater/hat set, made 30 cards, sewed 6 large double-sided flannel baby blankets and made 6 coordinating burp rags (3 blankets and 3 burp rags for each of the two mommies-to-be), loaded countless programs back onto my computer, helped three kids fill out Valentines for their classmates, spent HOURS on end at Em and J's Elementary School volunteering my time (most of it in Jared's class, helping do assessments for upcoming report cards), shopped for supplies at JoAnn Fabrics to fill another blanket/burp rag order, shopped for Valentine gifts for the kids, attended a board meeting, babysat, attended a ballet (Sleeping Beauty with Emily and some of our good friends), and tried desperately to keep up with the housework, failing miserably at the attempt, among other random little errands and appointments and activities.

I spent the ENTIRE DAY Sunday shoveling us out from under the filth and disaster that had become the normal state of our home. Beds have clean bedding, all the clean laundry is folded AND PUT AWAY (we've been living out of laundry baskets for WEEKS now!), dishes are done, dishwasher emptied, hard floors are vacuumed and mopped, bathrooms are SCRUBBED, doorknobs/lightswitches/remotes/phones/etc are all sanitized with Lysol spray, playroom is picked up and decently organized. There's still dejunking/organizing work to be done, but it's a MAJOR improvement! WHAT A RELIEF!

Now that I'm mostly done with current craft orders, mostly caught up with household chores, and the kids are out of school for a week (meaning no volunteering for me! Not that I don't enjoy it, but it was just a little much with everything else going on at the same time), I can FINALLY sit down and justify time at the computer blogging. That, and I was threatened with a good spanking if I didn't update my blog and give it a facelift SOON.

Auntie, I think my buns are safe. I'm back! *grin*

Pics of some of the recently completed craft projects tomorrow, and updates (including pictures!) of the kids and what we've all been up to will post later in the week. Tune in tomorrow!

6 comments:

Auntie said...

Hurray! You're back!

Kaci said...

About time!!! GEZ! Kidding!

Can't wait to see the pictures...and since you're so good at cleaning you can come to my house! =)

Shan said...

So glad you're back!!!

Cindy Lou Who said...

No, No No....She's coming to clean MY house! ;o)

Cindy Lou Who said...

No, No No....She's coming to clean MY house! ;o)

Cindy Lou Who said...

And DITTO on the "bout time" comment! Missed ya hon...