Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Emily Grace!

Hard to believe that 8 years ago, my sweet Emily Grace was born. She was the perfect Mother's Day present, and has continued to be such a blessing. She's really growing up to be quite an amazing young lady. She's sweet and funny, helpful, considerate. She harrasses her younger brothers, but I think that's just how it goes when you're the oldest (and they do their fair share of harrassing in return...LOL). She loves to sing and dance. She loves to be surrounded by friends, but she also loves to curl up with a good book at night to read (she's read no less than six chapter books in the last two weeks!). She's quiet and polite, but has a touch of a wild streak in her when you catch her in just the right mood. She once had a pale pink pair of ballet-style flats with a pretty little bow on top, which also were peppered with white skull and crossbones. I always felt those shoes summed up Emily perfectly; Girly and sweet, with a touch of rebel/spunk!

I couldn't ask for anything better than this amazing little girl in my life, and while I feel she's getting way too big, way too fast, I'm enjoying the ride, and look forward to the rest of our adventure together.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my beautiful, sweet little girl! May your day be full of wonderful things, and may the coming year bring you health, happiness, and dreams come true. I LOVE YOU Lulu Bug!!

3 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

HAppy Birthday Emily!!!

Betsy Hart said...

I am so glad she had a wonderful birthday. She really is a sweet girl.

Kaci said...

That made me cry a lil bit! AWHHHHHHHh