Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Photography

Every so often, I end up taking a picture that I feel "works". It has nice lighting, good focus, and just has an overall nice look to it. (like maybe I know what I'm doing...). Most of the time, my pictures are just random snapshots and nothing to brag about.

We went to the kids' school playground on Mother's Day since it was such a nice day, and I took my camera, hoping to capture SOMETHING good along the way.

We started on the "Little field" (Kinder-2nd grade play on this one at recess time). I was quite pleased with this picture of Emily: It could stand be lightened just a touch, but overall, NOT BAD!
Photobucket

I was desperately hoping to get similar ones of Jared and Connor, but it just wasn't happening.

Connor wouldn't stand in the spot I needed him to, so the lighting is different on his (and while it looks okay by itself, when you put it next to Emily's, it falls really flat since hers has a nice color and more of a "warmth" to it). He's kind of got a cheeseball smile going on, too.
Photobucket

Jared wouldn't do a real smile for me, no matter how hard I tried! But it has a similar "warmth" to it that Em's picture has, so I'm fairly pleased
Photobucket

We went to the "Big Field" (3rd-5th grade play on this field at recess) and there was a stump with some greenery growing around the base, with lots of leafy green bushes and trees in the background, which I thought might be a neat place to pose for some pictures. Jared was closest to me and posed this way all on his own. Dan and I cracked up, and he joined in:
Photobucket

I knew I wasn't getting anything NICE out of him at that point, so never even bothered posing Em and CJ. Maybe another day!!

3 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

You have beautiful kids! I love the one of Em, definately a keeper. :o)

clippingimages said...

Nice photography of cute kids :)

Kaci said...

Awhhh...just love them!!