Thursday, July 15, 2010

Party like a rock star!

We threw a rock star themed party for the boys at the end of June. I had mailed out invitations I'd created in Photoshop that looked like concert tickets (which were pretty darn cool if I do say so myself!!). We got a bunch of decorations off OrientalTradingCompany.com and from Party City and decorated a local community center for the occasion. I'd laid out red plastic on the entryway floor to be the "red carpet" and we had silver mylar fringe hanging down from the doorway. I had my brother stationed at the door, checking names and stamping hands. My SIL Vicky was in charge of spraying colored hairspray into kids' hair as they arrived, and "Auntie" Monica was in charge of putting temp tattoos on. BIL Corey was helping keep kids in line. I had all four adult helpers wearing black shirts that I'd painted "SECURITY" in white on the fronts. My shirt was black and said "PAPARAZZI" since I was running around taking tons of pictures. *grin* We had fun posters on the wall, a "stage" area, blow up guitars and fake microphones, and I think the kids all had a really good time!!

Dan dressed the part and came as a rocker as well...
Photobucket

Jared and some of his friends:
Photobucket

Connor and some of his friends:
Photobucket

Some of the GIRLS from the party:
Photobucket

I have to say this did not end up being much work AT ALL and the kids had a BLAST! I did my best to salvage some of the decorations in case Emily wants to do this for HER next party. Boys and girls alike were having a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

Great job! Looks like adults and kids ahd fun! :o)

Betsy Hart said...

That looks awesome!! Wow Leah! :)