Sunday, July 4, 2010

Did you miss me?

My computer crashed nearly a month ago and I haven't had enough computer access to be able to update my blog. How many times have things happened that I wanted to update about since then??? UGH!!!!

1. Jared graduated Kindergarten, and got to wear a white paper cap and tassel, which he'd decorated in class by drawing a moose and a guy dribbling a basketball. LOL He was the only kid in his class that knew all 100 Fry Words (the sight words they'd like the kids to know before entering 1st grade). Several were very close (missing the word "were"), but J was the only one that knew all 100. Crazy how fast this year went by...

2. Emily had her dance recital on June 19th. She did a ballet performance in a Tinkerbell ballet that her ballet teacher created. Em's group was "Pixie Dust" that got sprinkled on the baby's laugh in order to turn it into a fairy. She was also in the evening variety show; her tap class did a routine to Footloose. I enjoyed seeing her onstage for both performances, but LOVED the Footloose routine. SO FUN!! This year's show marked her 5th full year of dance, and her 7th recital event.

3. Connor celebrated his 4th birthday on Father's Day. My goal was to try to create a laid-back day for Dan, and a fun day for Connor. We ended up spending the first half of the day dealing with a broken washing machine... Then we went and saw Toy Story 3, which made me CRY at the end. And before you start making fun of me, I saw MANY other moms wiping their eyes as we were heading back out to the car. *grin*

4. In addition to the broken washing machine, my garage door opener broke, my blender broke, and so did my food processor. The broken swing set still hasn't been replaced either. Our luck has not been great! As to the computer, I'm currently using my hard drive in a borrowed computer while we wait for a new motherboard for our usual computer.

5. We spent a week in Eastern Washington visiting one of my friends. The kids enjoyed swimming in her backyard pool, playing in the nearby park, seeing a free movie, and just plain hanging out. Jared was thrilled to get to play the new Lego Harry Potter game that my friend's husband purchased. I suspect he'll be using his gift card money to purchase that game himself ASAP... LOL

6. Hung out at a lakefront cabin for the day yesterday with some friends. Kids had a blast splashing around in the lake, running around with friends, going for a boat ride, cooking hot dogs over a fire, staying out late, etc. The only real bummer was Connor falling headfirst on his back partway down the embankment as we were saying our goodbyes at the end of the night. Thankfully, he fell on the part that had lots of tall grass and bushes and tree branches to keep him from falling all the way down. Scared the pants off me, for sure! He was quickly rescued, and minus some long scrapes on his neck, torso, and one arm (nothing that even bled, just roughed up and reddened skin), he's totally fine. Within less than a minute of being rescued, he'd moved on to being ticked that he'd dropped his cheese in the process of falling... LOL Once he had a new cheese in hand, he ran off like nothing happened. My heart raced for quite a bit longer while I waited for the adrenaline rush to wear off. SHEESH!

7. Looking forward to celebrating the 4th of July with family and friends today!!

-------

There, that's my last month in a nutshell... *grin*

3 comments:

Kaci said...

I did miss you soooooo much!! Hope the computer woes are over for good!

Cindy Lou Who said...

I missed you lots too. Can't wait for pics or video of recital and grad and birthdays. And I got a little teary eyes at the end of TS3 too. The 12 yr old girl sitting next to me was bawling her eyes out if that helps...

Betsy Hart said...

Whoot whoot! What an update!!