Thursday, September 16, 2010

I hear a piano!

Emily Grace started piano lessons this week. She had a blast!!! Her new piano teacher only lives a few minutes from our house, which makes it handy, and she's really nice!

I took a picture of Emily at their piano at the start of the lesson:
Emily

And I took another one a few minutes later while the piano teacher was showing Emily where to position herself in front of the piano and how to have proper posture and whatnot.
Emily

And then I hightailed it off to the car because I had other kids waiting for me, and because I figured Emily would do better without me hovering. I honestly don't know where we're going to fit it piano practice every day, but we're aiming for sometime in the morning between getting ready for school and heading to the bus!

I look forward to seeing where she goes with this. I've always enjoyed hearing piano music and have wished for years that I knew how to play. Em seems super eager to learn, and her teacher said she gave her a bigger size amount of work than she normally would for a new student because Em was picking up the pages so quickly during this first lesson.

I'll be sure to post a video of her once she starts playing some actual pieces of music!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

Awwhhhh I bet she had a lot of fun!! YEA!

Betsy Hart said...

I wish I could take piano! How fun for her. =)

Cindy Lou Who said...

oh i've always wanted to learn too!

Syra said...

That's wonderful! I love hearing my girls play.