Monday, September 20, 2010

Mutton Busting

Jared did some mutton busting (sheep riding) at our local fair last week! He was REALLY nervous and tearful at the last second, but he finally decided to go ahead and go through with it. His ride lasted for 2.37 seconds! He had decided to back out initially, then after they held the awards ceremony for the kids that participated, he changed his mind, so they went ahead and let him go. His time would have gotten him a 3rd place medal, but since they'd already held the ceremony, he was out of luck. The photographer had also already left the arena by the time he took his turn, so I wasn't able to purchase any photos of his ride. I DO have some video from my own video camera, but I don't currently have a way to get it off my video camera and onto the computer to share. AND, the guy that opened the gate ended up being in the way for a lot of it, too, because I expected him to move left after opening the gate, but he stayed right. At least I have SOMETHING. Jared was very stone-faced/traumatized looking immediately afterwards, but he spent the rest of the night vocally wishing he was younger so he could do it again next year (age 6 is the cut off and he'll be 7 the next time the fair rolls around).

Connor was paid for and all geared up, but he screamed and took off running when they called him for his turn. He wants to try again next year, but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the $10 again. They don't return your money if your kid refuses to go!

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Well what a bummer that you didn't get a medal or pictures, but its awesome that he did do it!