Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Driving the boat!

We finally got the boat set up with a motor and out onto the water. Dan's deal for the boat is that he will tow it to and from the boat launch, but I am responsible for it from there. I got my required Boater's Education Card and asked my dad to take me out and show me the ropes!

Here we go!
Photobucket

Photobucket

apparently Jared told my mom it was too bright to smile
Photobucket

I made a stop for coffee for the grownups on the way
Photobucket

the kids loved going under the bridges!
Photobucket

Photobucket

My dad took me out one more time two days later so I could spend a little time practicing docking it at our neighbhorhood dock. I've got some work to do, but the kids and I have had the boat out several times and we've faired pretty well so far!

We have a tricky driveway for getting the boat in and out of, but we successfully managed it, and are feeling pretty proud of ourselves. Looking forward to boating adventures with my family this summer. *grin*

1 comment:

Kaci said...

How exciting!! I wanna come for a spin!