Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Quote of the Week

Connor found a penny at school today, and very excitedly started telling me all about it once we got in the house from the bus stop:

"I found a penny today, and it's from the EXACT SECOND I was born. It even talks about the Year of the Dog on it, just like my Chinese sign! See, look! It says, 'In Dog We Trust'."

Totally adorable and innocent reading mistake by a 6 year old, but it warmed my heart and made me smile. Until meanie-poo siblings burst out laughing and told him it's 'In GOD We Trust' on the penny. Thankfully, he laughed at his own mistake along with them. And then we also discovered the penny was from 2008 (he was born in 2006). *grin*

For a short moment in time, he'd found the COOLEST. PENNY. EVER. How many of YOU can say you have a penny from the EXACT SECOND you were born, and even have it talk about your Chinese Zodiac sign???