Thursday, November 12, 2009

Baby gift

Before becoming house-bound, I completed, and gifted, this little sweater/hat set to a gal who is on the preschool board with me, and is due in December with a baby girl. The mom LOVED the little set and said she can't wait to use it for Christmas (despite it being BIG since baby will be BRAND NEW for Christmas) and also for Valentine's Day. She picked it up and admired it several times throughout the baby shower, and laid it across her belly a few times, and made numerous comments about it. It was very fun for me to see her be so clearly excited about the gift, and knowing that it was something I'd created, not just purchased. I loved it!!

knitting

I got brave and altered the pattern a bit this time, so that the neck of the sweater doesn't come up so high and won't be as tight-fitting. I was sure to jot down what I'd done in order to be able to do it again with future sweaters. I think it came out perfectly!

I also made this card for her:
card making

**update** I saw the mom at our board meeting tonight and she pulled me aside to tell me that she got online and found a dressy pair of black baby pants and some little red shoes to go with the sweater set, and raved again how much she loved the shade of the red, and the little "pearl" buttons. LOL! I can't WAIT to see pics of the baby all dressed up!!

4 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

That is an amazing sweater Leah! I love the ones you made Liv. They are just beautiful :) And your cards are really a treasure to receive. All we have gotten are in the keepsake boxes of the girls. :)

Auntie said...

I really like the red.
You do good work!

Kaci said...

OMG I LOVE THAT!

Shan said...

What a lovely shade of red. Just beautiful Leah. I can knit a scarf like nobody's business.... but I wish I had your mad skillz. I coudln't turn out anything like that.