Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hard Worker!

J-Man asked if I had any jobs for him to do (he's been big into trying to earn money lately). I told him he could go outside and clean up all the brances from the windstorm a few days prior. I told him to leave the big branch for his daddy because it was really heavy, but that he could gather up all the smaller ones and get them onto the burn pile. I peeked out at him a few minutes later and found him working with all his might to drag this branch across the yard. It only moved a few inches a time, but, by golly, he dragged it across the whole yard and got it set up next to the burn pile.
Jared

I was impressed at his determination to do the WHOLE job, even though I'd given him the opportunity to leave that huge branch alone, and I was also really proud of him for setting his mind to it and sticking with it and getting it done. He's a hard little worker!

2 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

awww...that's awesome! WTG Jared!

I too have been besieged with requests. Monday I had 4 nephews and nieces at my house along with my two all working to earn Christmas money! Worked for me - I got chores done and a clean house! Who hoo!!

Betsy Hart said...

That is too sweet! I love how fiercely independent they get and how determined :)