Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So sweet

Connor and I volunteer in J's class for 40 minutes for reading groups, once a week. When my 40 minutes are up in J's class, Connor and I start packing up to leave, while J and his classmates start getting out their morning snacks. This time, my sweet Jare-bear came running over and begged me to let Connor stay for snack time. I reminded Jared that Connor didn't have a snack with him and said that Connor and I should probably just get going. Direct quote from J: "No, No! Mom, I already have a chair for him, and I broke my snack in half so he can have some, too." And sure enough, there was an extra chair pulled up beside Jared's place at the table, and sitting on the table was half of Jared's snack. I will admit to feeling a few "happy tears" (as we call them) welling up in my eyes over his thoughtfulness. And Connor? Threw his arms around his big brother with a very exuberant "THANK YOU JARED!" and happily plopped into the seat and ate his half of a Nutrigrain bar. Connor was pleased as punch to be sitting with the big kids eating a snack, and I was so touched by Jared's actions!

3 comments:

Kaci said...

AWWWWWWWWWWHHH what a total Hallmark moment!!! =)

Grandma Marlee said...

I had tears in my eyes, too! Leah Mae - you are doing such a wonderful job of raising my grandchildren to be sweet, thoughtful, caring children! I love you!

Cindy Lou Who said...

awww..that totally gave me the mommy warm feeling in my heart - I love moments like that!