Tuesday, December 22, 2009

For my niece-to-be

I wanted to give my niece-to-be a Christmas present, even though she's not born yet. I just thought it would be fun. I also wanted it to be something a little bit unique and meaningful. Because I had made a Build-a-Bear bear for all three of my kids as "to-be's", I thought it would be fun to continue the tradition. To make it more personal and meaningful, I knit a hat for the baby, and in the same yarn, knit a sweater for the bear. The sweater is a tad "baggy" in the front because I was doing it without a pattern (first time I've ever done that!), but overall, it came together very nicely. I didn't think to take a picture before gifting it all (we celebrated with my family last Thursday), so you can't see the flower on the hat very well, but you get the main idea. I cropped the pic way down so you could see the bear a bit better (it WAS a pic of Alisa and Ali opening it):
knitting

I stuck the hat on the bear's head for gifting purposes, but the hat IS meant for the baby's head. Our celebration got moved up an entire week and messed up my time-frame for completing the knitting, so I did take the bear back in order to knit a flower to attach to the front of the sweater, which will match the flower attached to the little hat. I'm excited to see the baby posing in her little hat next to her new bear friend!

7 comments:

Kaci said...

Awwwwh I bet the new baby will love it!! =) Super cute!

Auntie said...

Love that yarn!

Cindy Lou Who said...

so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable and what a sweet gift. :)

Betsy Hart said...

That is a very sweet gift Leah. You are so thoughtful.

Shauna said...

Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ HUGS ♥

Shan said...

Oh my gosh! What a terrific gift. Beautiful!!