Thursday, December 10, 2009

WOW!

I got an order for an all light-blue baby sweater/hat set a few weeks ago. Beyond the light blue request, I was given free reign over the finished product, and this is what I came up with:
knitting

It was trickier than I expected, but I really wanted the buttons to line up with the ribs, and there's a whole lot of planning involved (so many rows in between each button-hole, dividing those rows to know where to place the ribs and still keep the sweater the appropriate size, etc), but I am very pleased with how it came out.

The WOW part? I got a $15 tip (which I tried to turn down), so you're looking at a $50 sweater right there, people...

I'm the first to admit you can get a lot of other things for $50, but I was told that my work was really good, and was appreciated, and was worth every cent. How's that for awesome????

4 comments:

Kaci said...

Definetly worth every penny Leah! You deserve it!

WAY ADORABLE TOO!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! You did an amazing job! That's absolutely huge to line up everything like that. Kudos!

Betsy Hart said...

I have an LL origional! :) You deserve every single penny!

Cindy Lou Who said...

You are so flippin good!

Can you make a sweater in Emily's size? I have looked everywhere for a good, warm one! And they are flimsy, thin and like $15!