Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sledding Pictures!

As promised, here are some pictures from our sledding adventure Tuesday. We didn't get very many because the supposedly fully charged camera battery was dead, and Dan's Blackberry doesn't zoom enough for action shots, so I mostly had to take stills, and how many pics of my kids posing in snow gear does a person need??

Emily Grace, the little snow princess!
Emily,fun events

Jared, LOVING his warm new down jacket.
Jared,fun events

Connor, complete with blood encrusted lips after managing to bite his lip after a rough landing. Did it slow him down, though? NO!!!
Connor,fun events

Emily not bothering with a sled
Emily,fun events

Connor was extremely independent about the whole process of sledding, and wasn't waiting for anyone to get him situated, or for getting help shoving off; he just totally took care of himself. At one point, while we were helping Em and J, Connor pushed himself and was heading right for a jump at the bottom of the hill (the one place we'd had the kids AVOID). I panicked briefly, watching my child fly down the hill and go airborn, but he landed, came to a stop, and was laughing hysterically begging to do it again. It wasn't a huge jump by any means, but he definately caught a good foot or two high of air, and then landed several feet out. I ran down the hill with Dan's Blackberry to try to get a picture of his additional turns. Here he is, halfway launched off the jump:
Connor,fun events

Dan tried to get a better one and managed to get him airborn (can you see the shadow underneath him?)
Connor,fun events

I know, I know, we're terrible parents for letting him do that over and over again. I'm sure his little spine is jarred out of alignment, but if you'd have heard how hard he was laughing, you'd have let him do it, too! It was sooooo funny!!!

We had a great time, and I can't wait to do it again. I'm hopeful to go back at least one more time this winter. The kids really enjoyed the snow (something we don't get a lot of in our city), and I really enjoyed the time spent together as a family, with nothing else to focus on but each other and having fun. It was great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast, especially the jump. :) What a little adrenaline junkie!

Betsy Hart said...

That looks so fun! I love them! I am amazed that CJ is that brave :)

Cindy Lou Who said...

omg - looks like so much fun! I'd let him do it too, the laughs are worth it.

Shan said...

That looks like so much fun!