Monday, December 21, 2009

Seconds, anyone?

I made Connor mac n' cheese for lunch last week, and while he was happily munching down his lunch and watching PBS cartoons, I sat down at the computer to pay some bills and do some work on the preschool newsletter I'm in charge of.

Apparently, Connor decided he was ready for seconds, because suddenly I heard him proudly announce, "I can get more all by myself; you don't even have to get up!"
Connor

And sure enough, there he was, happily serving himself more mac n' cheese. He did a pretty good job, too! Thankfully, the burner and pot were well cooled off by this point... We've since had a reminder chat about being anywhere near the stove without checking with mommy first! But I have to admit, I was pretty proud of him for taking care of himself that way. And a little sad to see that he's old enough to be doing it. Rather bittersweet!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute! Not too long ago my lovley daughter thought it would be nice to fix her and her brother some oatmeal while I was cleaning the gutters... she boiled water in th microwave (EEEEAK) and made oatmeal. so we had a long talk about safety in the kitchen... I was so nice to see you guys on saturday! have a merry christmas Amy A

Kaci said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmm yum! What a big boy he's getting to be!! :)

Cindy Lou Who said...

awww...he's growing up right before our eyes!

Anonymous said...

Definitely bittersweet moments. Such a big guy standing there helping himself!!

Betsy Hart said...

I cannot believe how big he is getting!!