Monday, April 5, 2010

Little Ballerina

"Every day brings a chance for you to kick off your shoes, draw in a breath, and dance." -Oprah Winfrey

Emily

My girl LOVES to dance. She currently takes ballet and tap, and would happily take more if I had the money for the classes and the time in the week to take her. LOL Dance days are her favorite days of the week and she comes to class with so much excitement and enthusiasm each and every time. She's not the best in her classes, but I'd be willing to bet she's one of the most passionate about it. Seeing her excitement each week, for the 5th year in a row, is partially what gave me the push to take the adult jazz class when the opportunity came up. She just has so much FUN, and it was contagious. I had to try it. And you know what? It IS fun!!

I'd recently been looking into quotes about dancing, and came across the quote at the beginning of this post, but it wasn't credited to anyone. I loved the quote because it just seemed to perfectly fit Emily, and I've had plans of figuring out some sort of wall art for her room using the quote, but I felt compelled to figure out who the quote originated from. Turns out, it was from Oprah Winfrey!

Em, I love how much you love dancing; it's so fun to see you so excited about it, and you make me so proud when I watch you working at, and then performing, a routine on stage. What a brave and beautiful little girl you are.

Oprah, thanks for the perfect quote!

4 comments:

Travelers Barista said...

So sweet! What a great thing that she is so passionate and sticking to something she loves. GO EM! She is a beautiful Ballerina!

Cindy Lou Who said...

very cute!

Kaci said...

She is sooooo pretty...hope she loves dancing forever!!

Shan said...

Completely adorable.