Thursday, April 29, 2010

Proud mommy alert!

Katin (a sweet little girl we met in Jared's preschool class, who we currently babysit before and after school) had a Girl Scouts function the other night, and each girl was asked to tell the group who their role model is, and why. Katin said that Emily is her role model because she is nice to everyone, and because she helps the younger kids and encourages them at recess (that's not an exact quote as I wasn't there to hear it myself, but that's the jist of what I got second-hand from Katin's mommy). I thought it was the sweetest darn thing! It was one of those "I must be doing something right afterall" moments. My sweet little Emily, a role model!

Then last week during Jared's gymnastics class, there were several new kids in class. Two of the kids we "knew" through preschool related events, but they are in different classes so we don't KNOW them (if that makes sense). The one little guy was very hesitant and unsure about the whole thing, and Jared walked right up to him, took him under his wing, and encouraged him along. He even took a few extra seconds to show the little guy how to do a move he wasn't very clear on and THEN made a big deal of praising the boy after he attempted it. The little boy's mom came over and was so appreciative and grateful, and was singing Jared's praises over the incident. I just loved how Jared was so in tune with the other boy's hesitations and took measures to make him feel more comfortable.

And Connor, who can be a royal pain in the REAR (and you know I say that entirely lovingly!!), has been just AMAZING the last three days. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. !!!! Cooperative, helpful, reasonable, calm... We volunteered in classrooms, ran a ton of errands, sat through dance, more volunteering in classrooms, more errands, more dance, gymnastics, errands, meetings, appointments, missed naps, etc. and he was just a major trooper through it all. I have sung his praises like CRAZY these last three days, trying to encourage more of this behavior. I have soooooooooooo enjoyed Connor. Not that I don't normally, but there is a different feeling at the end of the day where I haven't battled him every step of the way compared to when I HAVE battled him every step of the way. It's just been wonderful. I'd better knock on wood it lasts. This sweet little man trucking along next to me without a single fuss is a dream come true!!

I ♥ my kids! Life is good!

4 comments:

Auntie said...

What a great post! Love it!

Kaci said...

Life is great!! WTG Em, Jare Bear and CJ! =) XOXOX

Bree said...

Good job momma!! :)

Betsy Hart said...

Okay, gotta say, I love that this post is RIGHT after the one about them lieing, TOO FUNNY! lol. But you do have some good kids :)