Tuesday, August 26, 2008

At the top of the list

If I were to make a list of things I never expected to see, the following would be at the top of the list! I walked into Emily's room to check on her before I went to bed that weekend I mentioned it was HOT and MUGGY (and did I mention it was HOT and MUGGY?) and nearly jumped out of my skin when I nearly tripped on a big dark shape in the middle of her room. My eyes adjusted to the darkness right about that same time and I realized it was only Emily, and then CRACKED UP!
Photobucket

The first picture I took turned out all blurry, so I had to take a second one, and she's reacting to the flash in her sleep, so has a funny look on her face. And, YES, she is truly asleep! She barely moved a muscle when Dan lifted her back into her own bed. (notice she even got herself a cup of water sitting in the corner??) We asked her about why she was in there the next day and she replied that her bed was too hot, so she tried sleeping on the floor, but that was too hard, so she put a pillow in the laundry basket, got a small pillow for her head, and got a drink in case she got thirsty and went to sleep there. We estimate she must have been there for about three hours before we discovered her.

15 comments:

ClancyPants said...

That is the stinkin' cutest thing EVER! What a funny girl! I love those funny little things that ONLY kids would do. Can you imagine an adult thinking... HEY! I think I'll get a pillow and sleep curled up in the laundry basket! Great idea!!....
It just wouldn't happen. Only kids and their flexibility and creativity! What fun!

Anonymous said...

Aaawww....that is soooo cute!!!! that should definitely be in a scrapbook page!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! It reminds me of when I found Anna asleep in her bottom dresser drawer when she was about 3. So funny!

Munchkins and Music said...

She cracks me up!

Jodi said...

That is hilarious! Does she think she's her webkinz kitty? Sleeping in a basket. How cute!

Betsy Hart said...

LOL!!! That is too funny!!

Melissa said...

oh how sweet! That is just great. Thank goodness she didn't wake up with the first flash! :)

Melissa said...

oh how sweet! That is just great. Thank goodness she didn't wake up with the first flash! :)

Cindy Lou Who said...

That is the cutest picture. you'll be able to laugh about that one for years to come. When she brings her first boyfriend to dinner and you are sitting around talking about "remember when?", you can pull that picture out and enjoy! ;o)

Anonymous said...

precious!! I bet this basket showed how much she has grown!!

Rachel said...

Now that is ingenious!
That's a pic for the senior yearbook.
What a precious and smart!

Anonymous said...

That is too cute. What a great picture. :) I think I'm getting old or something because I'm thinking holy cow if she had slept there all night she'd been all stiff....and then I went oh wait she's a kid. *L*

Cheryl said...

How cute!! Only kids would think of doing something like that! Kelli said exactly what I was thinking--LOL!

bv said...

Funny that being curled up in the basket was more comfortable than the floor or her bed! She is really darling!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!