Monday, August 25, 2008

Some wedding pictures!

For the rehearsal and picnic, we had Emily, baby Grace, and Julie wear flower girl t-shirts. We tried to buy iron-on decals that said "flower girl" already, but all the craft stores were out of them, so I got creative and bought a flower decal and a "girls rule" decal and cut off the "s rule" and stuck the flower with the "girl" and TADA...flower girl shirts for all three girls
Photobucket

Here's Jared, the ladies man. He's sitting by some little girl he met just that day!
Photobucket

All the kids with Jessica on the wedding day
Photobucket

The little boys with Christopher (Em's camera doesn't' zoom without making things blurry and I couldn't get closer because then I would have been in the way of the professional photographer for this shot)
Photobucket

Tanner (Christopher's nephew), Emily, Jared, Julie (Jessica's cousin), and Connor
Photobucket

JUST as the ceremony was about to begin and people were finding their seats, it began to rain, so we quickly got everyone inside and set up for an INDOOR wedding (which meant no real aisle to walk down, unfortunately). Because I helped guide the little boys where to go (Jared and Tanner, age 4, and Connor, age 2) I don't have pictures of them making the journey with their little ring pillows, but the professional photographer does, and I will share them when I get my copies!! But I do have Emily and Julie just before they headed out the door into the big room
Photobucket

Emily captured the first dance
Photobucket

pretty tables (fish in the little bowls, with Hershey kisses and candles surrounding)
Photobucket

Here's the beachy-themed cake (the same lady that did their cake did my cake 8 years ago, and will probably do my brother's cake next June when he and Alisa get married)
Photobucket

Emily also captured part of the cake cutting (which I missed because Connor said he had to go potty; and I'll try not to be bitter that I also missed the entire ceremony because I had to leave with Connor who wouldn't be QUIET!)
Photobucket

Dan coaching Jared about the garter toss
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a certain little princess catching the bouquet!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Jared propping his feet up after a long day!
Photobucket

Here's Emily before the ceremony (her hair looks all flat at this angle, but you can see in just about all the pictures that it wasn't! LOL)
Photobucket

Emily partway through the wedding dinner
Photobucket

notice anything different???

It was a great day, and Jessica and Christopher really seemed to be enjoying themselves. It was a bit of a long day for my little boys, but they did very well overall, and looked soooooooooo adorable in their little tuxes (and I'm still blown away by how grown up Miss Emily looked in her dress and fancy hair-do!). I think Jessica will have about 800 pictures of Connor because he drew quite an audience of amateur AND professional photographers (sorry Jess!). Jared kept to himself coloring at the table (or hiding under it), so I doubt there will be much of him, but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised because I didn't end up with much of him!

Jessica and Christopher, thank you SO MUCH for letting us be a part of your special day! We wish you a LONG and happy marriage together. XOXO

17 comments:

Jen said...

she lost her tooth!!! What great pics! The kids look adorable!

Kaci said...

They all look so pretty! I love Jess's dress so pretty with that purple/lavendar! SO PRETTY! And wow Em looks like a pretty princess! And the boys wow look smokin in the tuxes! SO CUTE!! :)

Kristina said...

Your kids sure doll up pretty well!! Do you have any pics of you?? We saw all three kids and Dan, but...

Jess sure looked beautiful! She had a gorgeous dress, and her wedding looked like fun! I'm glad you guys were able to be so flexible and just move things inside! That's a lot of stress at the very last possible second!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures!! Gorgeous kids!! Hope all is well Leah!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. I have some to send you from Mir's camera.
It was a great day!

Betsy Hart said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures of your adorable children! Thanks for being so prompt! :)

Cindy Lou Who said...

I love Em's dress. How beautiful your family looks. Congrats on the lost tooth. Hope the toothfairy made it. :o)

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty!! Everything! I love Emily's dress and hair-do...good job mom! And what the heck??? Connor is potty trained!?!?!?!?!

Unknown said...

Emily lost a tooth! Your kids are picture perfect :)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I love that she had flip flops on under her dress! :) Great pictures! :)

Munchkins and Music said...

The little girls hair looked sooo beautiful! Looked like a beautiful wedding. :)

Jessica said...

The wedding was really the best day it could have been. The rain came down but it really didn't change things. You will see in the pictures we were outside before for pictures and then we relaxed so in rolled the rain. So we rolled out bodies inside for the ceremony and party!
I really have to thank Leah for all the hard work she put into the wedding for me. I really don't know what I would have done without her! Thanks!
It was great and STRESS FREE! omg!

~ the BRIDE~

Anonymous said...

Great pictures & a great story!!!
i think that is HILARIOUS that the groom stuck his whole head up her dress!!!

naughty boy!!!! :P {ha ha!}

~Gretchen~ said...

what a beautiful flower girl!

Anonymous said...

Aww she lost her tooth at the wedding. And what a gorgeous wedding and gorgeous little girl. I love your idea of the flower girl t-shirt. I think it is way cuter that way than with the words. Awesome! :)

Cheryl said...

Wow, where do I begin? Such awesome pics! As usual, your kids are darling!! Emily is sooo cute with her missing tooth. (It's so funny she & Madison lost them at about the same time. Insert additional blogging here...)

I agree, the t-shirt idea was way cuter than if you just spelled it out--very creative!

bv said...

OH MY GOSH! the pics are beautiful!!! emily's eyes are amazing and are shown off so well in that last pic! i love the lavender accents in the bride's dress as well!

little boys in tuxes steal my heart! ;)