Friday, January 8, 2010

J's wish list

I was going through Jared's "Thursday Folder" last night (each week, on Thursdays, teachers send home all the work from that week in a special folder. Parents go through it and sign the front, and return it to school the following day. It's to make sure parents are getting the work, while also teaching the kids to be responsible about taking it home and showing their parents, etc) and came across some stuff that Jared had done before the break (his teacher forget to send home the folders that last Thursday before the holiday break). One of the items was a wish list.

1. invisible bed
2. spy kit
3. 33 hat (The Children's Place had ball caps with the number 33 on the front, which he had one awhile ago and lost, so was hoping for a replacement)
4. new bike
5. bakugan (look them up online, I don't really understand them!)

his list totally cracked me up (invisible bed???) in it's content and his spelling. I LOVE LOVE LOVE little kid phonetic spelling. I think it's adorable.

Jared,school stuff

And apparently we haven't taught the kid how to spell his last name, because he phonetically spelled that out, too. I wish I wasn't so paranoid about online safety where I could show you his attempts and how he did a really good job, but alas, I AM paranoid, so it's blacked out...

6 comments:

Auntie said...

That is a great list and great penmenship.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha An invisible bed, huh? Too funny!! Love his list.

Scrapping Mum of 3 said...

LOL! Love it!

My goodness, look how much your three have grown!

Kaci said...

Awhh bless his heart!

Cindy Lou Who said...

I want an invisible bed!!!

(does that mean I don't have to make it?)

Betsy Hart said...

LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to see my girls do that (while at the same time screaming, STOP GROWING!)