Friday, August 27, 2010

Lincoln City, OR -- Part Four

Day 4:

We spent the morning at the Outlet Stores, and scored AMAZING deals! Carters and Osh Kosh were both having nearly store-wide 40-60% off sales, and THEN, if you spent over a certain amount, you got an extra percentage off! I spent more than $75 and got an extra 30% off (at both stores!!). They show on your receipt what you saved, and we ended up with $26 jeans that cost just shy of $8, and a $34 jean jacket that we got for $15, $32 thick hooded sweatshirts for just shy of $13, etc etc etc. I spent less than $200 and got all three kids TONS of stuff (I think there were only two things I ended up paying more than $10 for!!!!). I wish I could find deals like that everytime I shop!!

We spent the afternoon back at the beach
Photobucket

Photobucket

I have no idea what he's looking at here, but he kept stopping what he was doing and looking up. This was about the 4th time he'd done it when I decided to take his picture. He was hearing voices from above or something... LOL!!
Photobucket

Day 5:

Corey and Vicky had joined us on vacation late evening the night before, so we headed down to the beach fairly early in the day, in order to make the most of the time we had left.

Friday (day 5) was probably the prettiest day we had the entire week. Gorgeous blue sky, not a cloud to be seen in-land, quite warm... But there was this weird misty/foggy stuff right on the beach (not even along where the houses/cabins/hotels were, JUST right on the actual beach), to where you couldn't see very far in any direction! Didn't stop us from enjoying our time, though.

We still flew kites
Photobucket

We played Frisbee
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We still played in the water
Photobucket

Jared did magic tricks by pulling a "never-ending" rainbow jump rope out of his pocket (over and over and over again... LOL)
Photobucket

Connor had fun with his sling-shot airplane
Photobucket

But he didn't have much fun when the sand fleas got in his swim trunks
Photobucket'

He had laid on his belly, facing the waves, to let the water lap up at him at the highest point of the waves. At one point, a slightly larger wave came up and while it didn't go up over his face, it came up high enough that the wave ended back behind him and he got pretty wet along his body. He jumped up super fast and did a weird little scream, and we figured it was just because the water was cold. He paused for a tiny bit, and then started hollering more intensely and grabbing at his crotch. We STILL thought it was just the chill of the water, until he started yelling that there were crabs pinching him. Danny ran down and pulled the swim trunks down in front, and sure enough, there were several sand fleas (we think that's what they were!) climbing around on his boy-parts!! Dan yanked the swim trunks all the way off and started plucking them off Connor. Thankfully, he's none the worse the wear... Apparently the wave was forceful enough when it came up to scoop the waistband of his swim trunks down a bit and toss in a few sand fleas that got stirred up in the churning waves??? Craziest thing ever! Poor kid! I feel bad now for taking his picture while he was standing there screaming, but at the time, we thought it was pretty funny that he was screaming over what we thought was just the cold water!!!

Later that night, we had a fire on the beach and made s'mores. I have no idea why I didn't document this portion of our trip, but I got caught up in having fun around the fire and totally forgot about the camera! I did have Vicky take my picture with Dan as we were getting organized for the s'mores. One of two pictures of me from the whole week...
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great vacation!!!

Cindy Lou Who said...

oh I'm so jealous! Looks like fun and gorgeous spot. Poor Connor...That must of scared him and Dan!

Grandma Marlee said...

I'm jealous,too! I'll hope grandpa Jeff's vacation time or days off fall at the right time to join you the next time you go to the ocean!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the chuckles! I'll take YOUR picture if I'm there next time!