Monday, August 2, 2010

WORST LUCK!

Apparently, there's some unwritten agreement between the items in my home, in which they've decided to all just BREAK this year.

Quick run-down:

*swing set (not yet replaced)
*blender (not yet replaced)
*food processor (not yet replaced)
*computer hard drive (replaced)
*computer mother board (in the process of being replaced)
*washing machine (replaced with a used set)
*computer monitor (not sure if it's fixable or needs to be replaced--pricing entirely new computers--currently borrowing a monitor from a friend)
*oven heating element (burned up last night, heading out today to try to get a new part)

I mean, seriously, what rotten luck, right???

I woke up Saturday to the dead computer monitor, and then the oven's heating element put on a pretty flaming/sparking show as I was attempting to toast the dinner bread last night. I smelled something funny, and the bread hadn't been in their long enough to be burning, but I thought maybe something had dripped down from a previous use, so I opened the door and saw a flame on the upper element, with long white sparks snap-crackle-popping away. I turned off the oven, but it didn't stop, so Dan yanked the whole oven out from the wall and got it unplugged. I was standing there ready to figure out using the fire extinguisher, but thankfully Dan was strong enough and fast enough to move the whole thing out from the wall and get it unplugged.

My luck it's going to be some big expensive replacement part. Or even better, it'll be some discontinued part and I need a whole new oven. UGH!!!! Keep your fingers crossed.

misc

misc

misc

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Somebody has voodoo'd your house! Quick go get some holy water! =)

Cindy Lou Who said...

I agree wtih KAci! LOL...