Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunsets!

On top of a gorgeous day Friday at the ocean of the week we were on vacation, we were also treated to a gorgeous sunset (only one the entire week!). The misty stuff had gone away by late afternoon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

(and this would be the 2nd of two pictures of me...)
Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the halo-type ring around the sun in this one
Photobucket

Photobucket

The sun started to morph into weird shapes as it reflected on the thin cloud layer on the horizon
Photobucket

I didn't want to share TOO many sunset pictures, but I have some where the sun looks like the top and bottom buns of a burger, another where it looks like four stacked pancakes, etc. It was very cool!

Photobucket

After the sun had disappeared below the horizon, it was neat to see some of the color in the sky with the moon glowing in the sky above
Photobucket.

We actually saw the moon turn this funky yellow/orange color and sink below the horizon as well about 1.5-2 hours after the sun did. I tried taking pictures but it wasn't bright enough for me to not use flash, and using flash messed it all up (an experienced photographer that knows how to use her camera settings would probably have been able to manage it...). I am not sure I have ever seen such a thing before!!!!

2 comments:

Kaci said...

Such beautiful shots Leah!! I love the first one!

Cindy Lou Who said...

love the shots and your so creative!