Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lincoln City, OR -- Part Three

Day 3 of our vacation brought DADDY (he'd had to work Monday and Tuesday, so he drove out after work Tuesday and arrived in the middle of the night Wednesday)! Daddy's first goal was to get a decent kite, so after breakfast, we headed out and got this:
misc

The boys enjoyed taking turns with daddy's help
Dan,Jared,vacation

Daddy had to hold onto Connor or it would drag him!
Dan,Connor,vacation

Emily's kite was a tiny plastic Barbie kite which she was a little too old for, so we got her a cute little kite (pink with a rainbow colored heart in the middle) that we assumed would still just be a simple "stand and hold the string" style of kite.
Emily,vacation

However, once I tied the string on and let it up into the air, the kite went WILD whipping side to side, doing weird loops, and pretty much dive bombing anyone in the nearby vacinity. I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face! We eventually figured out that if you move your hand from side to side while holding the string, then the kite will fairly nice just weave from side to side, but it would still occasionally gain a mind of it's own. $15 for a week full of laughs seemed pretty good to me! hahaha!!!!

Connor felt more in control with his own kite:
Connor,vacation

Emily had fun goofing off with grandpa
Emily,vacation

And feeling the wind in her hair!
Emily,vacation

That night, the tide was really low, so we got to inspect some sea life. We got attacked by a rougue wave in the process!
kids,vacation

We'd been standing on the other side of that rock (Em hadn't quite walked that far around yet), and you can see how far back the water is in the above picture. We had our backs to the water, checking out sea stars and anenomies and muscles, etc, and suddenly, BAM, big wave snuck up. Connor almost got shoved right into the rock, and we all got a little wet (the boys more so than Dan and I since we're taller!). I whipped my camera up above my head and prayed I wouldn't lose my balanace!!

2 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

oh Austin and I got hit by a Rogue wave last summer. Little brat grabbed my waist and ducked behind me at the last minute! So the next one that came i threw him into it and ran! We were laughing so hard!

Kaci said...

Wow Em has sure grown. WOW!

How fun! I was thinking the last day I was in CA we should have got kites, now I'm kicking myself.