Friday, September 16, 2011

Tell Me What You Did Today

Connor's teacher sent home this little poem last week, and I LOVED it!

Tell Me What You Did Today

When children come home at the end of the day,
The question they're asked as they scurry to play is,
"Tell me what you did today?"
And the answer they give makes you sigh with dismay,
"Nothing, I did nothing today."
Perhaps nothing means that I played with blocks,
or counted to 10 with Mr. Fox.
Maybe I painted a picture of red or blue,
Or heard a story about a mouse that flew.
Maybe today was the very first time
that my scissors followed a very straight line.
Maybe I led a song from beginning to end,
Or played with a special, brand new friend.
When you're 5 and your heart has wings,
"Nothing" can mean so many things!

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

That is totally adorable!! I am going to STEAL it! =)