Friday, September 14, 2012

Mom's blanket

I had originally planned to crochet my mom a blanket as part of her Christmas present, but then had the genius idea less than a week prior to her birthday that if I gave it to her as a birthday gift, she'd have more time this fall/winter to use it, so then I made a valiant attempt at completing it in time. In less than a week, I was able to complete half of it (kids were off at camp so I sat around most of each day working on it!), but it took me almost three weeks to complete the last half with the kids being around again. Better late than never, right?

I forgot to take a picture of it with my good camera, so snapped one with my cell phone from my mom's house. Washes out the colors a bit, but you get the idea. I love how it calls for four colors, but is a three row repeating pattern, so the colors alternate through the pattern differently. Mom's favorite color is green, so I did the blanket in four shades of green.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Very pretty! =) What a lucky Momma!