Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pulling Teeth

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Jared needed to have two baby teeth pulled to make room for two permanant teeth that couldn't drop down. Jared was pretty nervous, but very brave. My aunt works at the dentist we see, and assisted with the extraction, and she said Jared did awesome! He was really uncomfortable at first, and we had a hard time getting the bleeding to stop (I don't think he was biting down on the gauze hard enough, because he said it hurt too much). After I finally convinced him to swallow some Motrin, and the feeling came back to his lips/cheek so he was allowed to eat, he perked right up and it's been super smooth sailing ever since.

BEFORE:
Photobucket

AFTER:
Photobucket

He keeps teasing me with his "bunny teeth" and saying he's going to smile with the only remaining front teeth sticking out over his lip for school pictures in two weeks. LOL
Photobucket

Photobucket

Huge teeth when the roots are still attached!
Photobucket

I guess it's still somewhat tender when biting into foods, so I've been either cutting up his food, or he's been ripping it up (or he's choosing softer food items). He lisps a bit when he's talking now, too, with barely any teeth to help form the sounds!

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Poor baby, I hated having to sit there when Elly had teeth pulled. No fun