Thursday, April 10, 2008

OUCH!

Jare-bear slipped on the wet grass outside at preschool today and smacked his face on the wooden boat on the way down. Now he's sporting a lovely welted bruise. From what I hear, he took it like a champ and moved on, refusing ice or parental attention. The little girls in class jumped to attention and held his hand and helped him around the playground for awhile afterwards and "ladies man" Jared milked it for all he could. Apparently it was quite the show (of course, it wasn't my day to work in the classroom so I missed it). When I arrived at the end of class to pick him up, in true Jared fashion (those of you that know him well will be nodding and laughing in agreement), he came running over to me saying, "In case I'm ever a pirate, I already have a scratch!"

(these pictures do NOT do justice to the size and color of the injury, I might add)
Photobucket

Photobucket

It's nice knowing he's already got plans of working it to his advantage (you know, in case he's ever a pirate or something!!).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha way to see the cup half full Jared!

Kellan said...

Oh, poor baby. He's got a happy smile though - I guess he'll be okay. He's a cute - really cute!!

TAke care - Kellan

Betsy Hart said...

LOL! I would love for Jared to be a pirate, cause then he could bring us all the cool loot!! Glad he handled it like a champ! :)

Kaci said...

Arrrrr!! LOL! You ladies man you!! Adorable Jare bear!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

One time when Jared was closer two than he was to three, he was sitting on the pot, on this old Auntie's time. He made a face that looked like (if he was 55) he could have been having a stroke.
He said something I didn't understand. ALL of the sudden I wondered if I had belles palsy or was having a stroke myself and he was mimicing me. I looked in the mirror and I was fine...I found out later upon Mama's translation he was saying, "Auntie this is my pirate face!" Kids.
I am glad our pirate is okay.

Valarie said...

Milk it for all it's worth....that is a good lesson to learn young. :)

Jen said...

LOL! I love Jared. He's just one of those kids who will keep you on your toes. I'm glad he's preparing for his career in piracy. These other kids are only worried about preschool and race cars. What losers! LOL

Mom said...

You don't have picture day coming up do you? :) My kids always seem to have these accidents right before picture day and I love with the grandparents as what is that on j's face as if to make me feel guilty that my son or daughter has a bruise.

Anonymous said...

What a trooper!! Glad your little pirate is ok!