Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm not ready for this!

My sweet (I use that word rather loosely lately...ha ha ha!) little "baby" has taken to wiping off my kisses and screaming as if he's in pain if I try to force some loves on him in the way of hugs and/or kisses, or snuggles on the couch. Today, the little heart-breaker was pouty-facing about having to be buckled into his car seat, so I leaned forward and said, "I love you, little man, pouty face and all," then kissed his forehead. He gave me a look of pure disgust, quickly wiped the back of his hand across his forehead and then YELLED at me, "THAT GWOSS MAMA! NO KISS ME MY HEAD!" Of course I took that as an invitation to plant several more kisses all over his face and head, because HEY, I'm his mother and I can kiss him whenever I darn well please, and he's only 2.5 and shouldn't be fighting off my kisses for a few more years yet!

I'm not ready for my baby to already be shoving me and my loves aside. CRY!!!

7 comments:

Kaci said...

That's exactly what I would of done too! LOL!

Anonymous said...

LOL ;-) I know it's not funny Leah, but I would have done the exact same thing! Smothered him in kisses and then giggled and then blogged about it :-)

Have a great smooch filled day sweetie.

ClancyPants said...

My little Rohan did the same thing at about the same age as your Connor. He's three and a half now and I would love to tell you that he grew out of it and he gives me kisses all the time, but sadly, no. He still "doesn't wike kisses" but he will let me kiss him on the cheek now and then and he does love to give hugs. Good luck! Hope his affectations come back, unlike Rohan's!

Cattigan said...

It was a phase Cameron went through. And why is it that their disdain for our kisses are our invitation for more! I think it's written in the Mommy Handbook somewhere!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Oh I hated that stage. But have no fear...they do come back for them later in years. My 12 year old loves to sneak up for hugs and a kiss on the forehead every now and then.

Betsy Hart said...

:( I'm sorry. We have days where M wants nothing to do with my 'loves' but others where she still crawls in my lap for kisses and hugs.

Shan said...

Maya does the same thing. I usually ignore her too.