Monday, January 19, 2009

Proud Steelers Fans and some Photoshop creativity

While the AFC Championship game wasn't the most exciting game ever, and Pittsburgh leaves themselves some serious room for improvement in two weeks at the SUPERBOWL, we are proud to say they pulled off a win anyway, with my family cheering them on the entire way.

It was getting pretty sketchy towards the end, with the Ravens coming within 2 points of our score, Ravens had the ball and were moving it down the field, and time was running out on the clock. Dan was getting a little antsy and a few things had been flung across the room in frustration. He said something about us needing a good sack or a turn-over or SOMETHING to get Pittsburgh's momentum going again. The phone rang just then and as I'm answering it, Steelers sacked the Ravens' quarterback (ask and ye shall receive!). On the other end of the phone line is my friend Cattigan, wondering how things were going at my house with the game having turned a little sour for the Steelers. Barely a few sentences into the conversation, Steelers got an interception and ran for a touchdown (ask and ye shall receive!). At that point, I had to say the game was going rather well... LOL (Cattigan, please feel free to call during crunch time of future games; you must be good luck or something...)

There are a few bitter Seahawks fans from the Seahawks vs Steelers Superbowl of 2006 that have already felt the need to text and/or call with some whining and snippy comments. I can only say one thing: AT LEAST WE'RE GOING BACK!! muh ha ha ha! *grin*

With a bit of help from Photoshop, here's a picture of our family proudly displaying our Steeler jerseys after the game:
photoshop stuff,steelers

Before photoshop:
photoshop stuff

photoshop stuff

(the self-timer option doesn't work so great when you don't have a tripod to set the camera up on!! So, with a bit of creativity and a handy little program like photoshop, we can all be in the same photo at the same time--something that rarely happens in this family!)

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Cattigan said...

LOL I knew it had been you who was Photoshop-ped because you would have had a kid on your lap and Dan's arm would have not been under your bottom! And I'm glad I brought you guys good luck- I actually must confess that I know nothing about football other than what player looks the best in those pants and was calling because I saw it was the 4th quarter and the Steelers were playing and thought of you guys! You can keep whatever story you want to though!

Kaci said...

I think it looks great...I never would of guessed you photoshopped that...honest!

Cindy Lou Who said...

We watche the game too, and I thought of you at every tough moment through it! Great job on the pic!

Anonymous said...

That is the first football game I have ever watched and I loved it.
I really enjoyed it when #43 made
that touch down. Needless to say, U. Jeff was thrilled I sat and watched. If you have an extra shirt for me to wear on super bowl I'd like to borrow one. Bring it to the dental office on Wed.
Love you.

Betsy Hart said...

It is a great photoshop job!! And I watched the game until that BIG hit where both players went down... I couldn't handle that the guy they took out on the strecher didn't thumb up the fans.... I was really worried! Glad your team won!

Shan said...

You did an awesome job!!!

Unknown said...

very cool...good job!

Jen said...

You're crazy awesome!!! LOL