Friday, January 23, 2009

Men vs. Women

Last night, I was feeling very tearfully overwhelmed and exhausted and frustrated with whining kids, a screaming babysitting charge, nothing having gotten done on my to-do list, chores times TEN still left to be done, my back aching terribly after the long day (frustration that 7.5 months after the accident I'm still in pain)...

Had a good friend walked into the room and seen me, she would have immediately realized I just needed a hug and some reassurance that I'm doing the best I can, and that some days just stink and tomorrow will be better. That's exactly what I needed.

Instead, Dan walked into the room and suggested I need to prioritize a little better, and maybe not try to do so many extra things like knitting baby blankets for pregnant friends, and making cards, etc and then I'd have more time for the things that I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed out over. So I should take away the things I enjoy in order to have extra time to clean??? The things that let me keep a little piece of ME??

I just don't see how men can be so blind about some things and women can be so in-tune.

I need a girlfriend. *grin*

(PS I didn't do this post to bash Dan, just to point out that sometimes women are more intuitive to the emotional needs of another woman, while men can be entirely clueless!)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

MEN! I'm here girlfriend.

bv said...

AMEN! I could have written this myself and have felt exactly the same way so many times! You are not alone!!!

Kaci said...

Effing Dan!! Gez!! I love you Leah and wish I was there to lend a hand and a hug! XOXO

Have a better day today!

Kristina said...

Don't I feel your pain! J once had the nerve to tell me he wasn't going to switch out a load of laundry because "I'm not the one who started it." I was flabbergasted. I had just finished THREE loads of mostly his clothes while he did nothing. In retribution I didn't wash any of his clothes for a month. I would dump the hamper out and sort like normal, or so he thought. But I was pulling my clothes out and putting his back in. He finally figured it out after a week and a half.

During the school year, he is usually pretty good about helping me with chores. During the summer, though, he views me as a live-in maid.

Sometimes men suck.

Anonymous said...

I was really hoping Danny came home and gave you the hug you needed.
Tell him to straighten up or there will be a voodoo dance on that steelers jersey I borrowed of his!
;)I love you sweet girl!

Betsy Hart said...

How about I walk into your house and kick his butt!! JERK!! I still love you Leah, consider this a cyber hug **** until I can give you a real one again.

Cindy Lou Who said...

I wish I was there to give you that hug! And I hope I didn't add to your load. And your Dan sounds exactly like my DH. He would have said and has said the exact same thing! MEN!!!!

ClancyPants said...

I'm sorry you had a crummy day... that's the pits. I'm sorry that Dan was less than understanding. It's true women are more intuitive in general, but I'm the lucky one... my sweet hubby is mostly very in tune to me and says the sweetest things, rubs my back/neck when he can tell I'm overwhelmed (and he can always tell), and he does so much around here. He didn't used to be so much that way, but the longer we're married, the more sweet he gets. I consider myself blessed beyond measure to be married to him.

I hope that you feel better today!

Valarie said...

Ugh.....BOYS!!