Monday, May 4, 2009

The green-footed bandit

While we were watching a movie as a family yesterday morning, I belatedly noticed that Connor had wandered off and was no longer watching the movie with us. I got up to go looking for him and found THIS in my kitchen:
connor

Clearly not a good sign, and there was a faint trail of footprints clear through the house (footprints you could see if the light caught the greasy residue just right, not so much that you could see plain as day).

So I stepped up the pace of my search and found him in the bathroom, up on the counter, cleaning himself up:
connor

connor

When I asked him what in the world he was doing, he responded:

"I stepped-ed in your-uh cake and I twying to cwean my feets-es and my weg."

And here I'd assumed he'd gotten frosting on his HANDS, which then got smeared onto the floor and stepped in. Guess we're not eating that last bit of cake!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

Mmmmm yummy! LOL! :) At least he was trying to clean up.

Kristina said...

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time! How on earth did he accidentally step in a cake?

You must have been really engrossed in whatever movie you were watching! If I remember correctly, the kitchen / family room are open to each other!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Oh how sweet tho that he was trying to clean it himself and not interrupt your movie. What a cutie!

Betsy Hart said...

LOL! That is too funny!!