Saturday, May 9, 2009

My most recently completed project

Emily got this bedding shortly before turning 3 years old. (those aren't the sheets that came with it, but we haven't quite gotten back into our warmer weather yet to be able to ditch the flannel sheets!)

misc

Since that time, I've had every intention of making her a new window valance that would coordinate with it. The valance she's had up for YEARS (7) was the one from her crib bedding set. It just ended up being something easy to put off, but while at JoAnn Fabrics awhile ago, I came across some "hot pink" material with big white polka dot and knew the time had come to finally follow through.

sewing

sewing

The polka dots are bigger the ones on her bed, and the pink is a shade or two off, but I think it works rather well. I used the white eyelet material to coordinate with her bed skirt and shams, and I used some green rick rack to coordinate with green rick rack on her comforter.

It took me twice as long to complete as I'd assumed it would, but Emily is THRILLED.

6 comments:

Kaci said...

Turned out great LL! I love it!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Good job!!! You are so creative! You go girl...

Betsy Hart said...

It does look great!! I wish I could be crafty like Leah!!

Kristina said...

Love the pink and polka dots!

Unknown said...

Leah, do your wonder never cease?

Mommy Project said...

Great job, Leah!! Her room is completely adorable. I'm sure she must love it! I wish I could sew something more than a square pillow. ;-)