Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sorry!

Sorry for my mid-week blogging slump... Usually I'll let the weekends slide, but I'm generally pretty on top of things during the week. HOWEVER, we've been so extremely busy lately, that I was getting behind in EVERYTHING. I had to take a break from blogging to get caught up on a few things.

Besides getting Emily to the bus stop this morning, I've flat-out refused to leave the house in order to get caught up chores and to finally get busy with some projects I've been promising people for ages. I even found transportation to and from preschool for Jared today to save myself the stress of hauling out of the house, dragging my own kids, plus Grace (who I babysit on Thursdays), and being away from the house and chores. It's been fantastic. I vacuumed every single room, mopped 90% of the hard floors, scrubbed the main bathroom, did four loads of laundry (we'll ignore the fact that it's still waiting to be folded and put away), did dishes, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, and got halfway finished with Emily's new valance for her bedroom window. And I still have all afternoon and evening to finish up the last few things on my to do list. I finally feel like I'm on top of things again, and I can't tell you the good that does the mind, body, and soul... What a WEIGHT that's been lifted off my shoulders! THANK GOD!

My cousin stopped by for a visit, which made the day that much better.

I feel like a new woman, and hopefully I will have time to whip up a blog post for tomorrow (Friday), but if not, know that it's all part of saving my sanity and that I'm being productive in other areas. *grin*

XOXO

3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

You are forgiven. :) Though I have missed my Leah posts this week... :P

Cindy Lou Who said...

I am so happy for you that you got to your "to do" list. I know exactly how it feels when it weighs on you and feels so good when you get to do it.

Happy day!

Auntie said...

I am so glad that the cousin that stopped by and made your day a bit better was my girl.
It does my heart good that you two love each other. Cousins are a good thing and I only have one
(Joyce) who does my heart good.