Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 4 of our trip

(getting sick of ocean vacation pitures yet??)

My three babies, all sunscreened and sun-tanned, ready to head down to the beach!
kids 2009

While Dan and the boys were napping, Emily and Gram water-color painted elaborate maps of each floor of the three story house we were renting, then planned out little clues so the kids could do a treasure hunt. Gram hid plastic jelly-beans (like eggs you would hide at easter) and put little prizes inside. Each clue would show an alphabet letter that corresponded to a room in the house (each room on the maps was lettered), would show what color jelly-bean was hidden in the room, and then had a drawn clue of where in the room the jelly-bean would be. It was a time-consuming process to set up and the kids LOVED it. Each kid got to be "Captain" of a certain floor of the house and got to wear the flower lei during their turn.
kids 2009

Watching the sunset this night, I kept being drawn back to the whale and the elephant in the clouds. LOL Had to edit the pic to show you, too!
misc

3 comments:

Kaci said...

What a fun time!! So jealous! I wanna go to the Washington/Oregon beaches! =)

Cindy Lou Who said...

What a gorgeous sunset!

I'm with Kaci - I'll meet you there Kac, and we'll have a girls weekend with the 3 of us!

Betsy Hart said...

Don't forget me!! I am right here!! And I love the cloud shapes!