Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wedding Pictures!

I didn't take any pictures during the ceremony because I was in the wedding party, and I didn't take any posed pictures OF the wedding party after the ceremony because I was IN the wedding party, but I have two pictures to share from my mom's camera which she emailed me. The rest of the pics will be from the reception...

Like I stated Monday, my brother's wedding was awesome; I just hadn't gone through my pictures yet, in order to be able to share very many with you at that point.

The stage, nicely decorated with the arbor my brother and his good friend, Everett, built. Isn't it fantastic?? (someone should really teach me how to hold the camera straight!)
wedding

Tables decorated in their wedding colors:
wedding

wedding

Their cake (I got put in charge of arranging some flowers on top. I think I did a pretty good job, eh??)
wedding

Ali and Emily, very impatiently waiting to be allowed to put on their dresses!
wedding

Marc and Alisa included Ali in the exchange of rings, and Marc made vows to Ali to not try to take the place of her real father, but to be someone she could trust, turn to, learn from, etc. It was VERY sweet!
wedding

Posing for pictures after the ceremony (back row: Teasha, Leah, Trista, Stormi, Se-Ryong, Annette, Alisa, Marc, Everett, Matt, Josh, Brian. front row: Elektra, Emily, Ali, Jared, Connor)
wedding

During the Dollar Dance, Marc ended up with all sorts of women to dance with
wedding

And Alisa hadn't thought to have a cute little purse to collect money in, so she kept stuffing it down her dress! LOL!
wedding

There was a tree outside of the building which drew the kids like magnets...
wedding

At some point, we formed a line of girls and a line of guys and took turns pairing up and doing goofy dances down the center. I, stupidly, did not think to run for my camera until it was starting to pitter out, but OH MY, was it fun!
wedding,dan

wedding

Another picture of the first dance from the back so you can see Alisa's pretty dress (which was custom made by her sister's mother-in-law, who also did four of the bridesmaid's dresses and the littlest flower girl's dress)
wedding

After everyone had pretty much gone home, we started taking down all the decorations and whatnot. The arbor had somehow managed to arrive at the location in one piece, but they quickly decided that it wasn't worth trying to take it HOME in one piece, so they grabbed a drill and took it all apart and hauled it out in pieces. It was rather sad, but they swear it will go back together again just fine...
wedding

The DJ kept up the music, all through the take-down process, and the kids were ROCKING OUT. Look how flushed and sweaty Connor was (he was dancing and running and dancing and jumping and dancing and sliding and so on!!)
wedding,Connor

Jared was using the practically empty dance floor to work on his break-dancing skills. Hilarious!
Jared

When the night was over, we took Ali home with us and all four kids were totally zonked out after we made the 40 minute drive back home. I thought it was hilarious that all four had their heads tipped the same way. Ali was JUST starting to wake up when I took the picture
kids 2009,wedding

Congratulations Marc and Alisa!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

Beautiful wedding and how nice that the new couple had a night alone...ooo lala

Auntie said...

What a great day it was!
Such pretty colors and so nicely
done. The arbor was awesome!
Too bad there are no picture of Connor waving from the ceremony.
TOO CUTE!

Cindy Lou Who said...

how exciting! Pics look like everyone had a good time.

Betsy Hart said...

I was gonna comment that you still had one awake! lol. LOVE them!!