Friday, August 28, 2009

A Grandmother's Love

My mom came over yesterday afternoon to stay with my kids while I attended the "no kids allowed" Kindergarten Orientation for Jared's class. When I came home, I stepped out into the back yard to find Emily Grace painting my mother's fingernails. I have NEVER, in all my 31 years, seen my mother with painted fingernails. Nor was I allowed to own, or WEAR, fingernail polish until I was in High School!

That my mother would sit and allow my 7 year old to paint her fingernails, speaks volumes, I think.

misc,Emily

They don't even look half bad in this picture! (and believe me, they weren't great... ha ha!)
misc

In Em's defense, it was over 80 degrees outside and the polish was drying rather rapidly, not leaving her much time to smooth it out...
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kaci said...

AWhhhhhhh what a good Granny!! YA!! They look fabulous. Great picture btw too! =)

Cindy Lou Who said...

aw, don't you just love moments like that! I love watching Emily with my dad...she's such a "Grandpa's girl"

Betsy Hart said...

I love that first one, that is just so cute!!

Grandma Marlee said...

Hey, I figure those pink painted-by-Miss Emily nails brought us good luck the next day when we went fishing -- we caught two salmon!