Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quote of the Week

backstory: Jared put on one of the dress-up outfits we have for the kids, then informed me he was going to wear it to the costume party at Gram's house (they have a Halloween party every year). Since I'd just purchased him a SWAT costume to wear for Halloween, I was prompted to ask him, "I thought you were going to wear your SWAT costume for Halloween?"

his reply: "I'm not talking about trick-or-treating! I'm wearing the SWAT costume for trick-or-treating. I'm talking about the COSTUME PARTY. You know, where people gather at Gram's house, and they all wear costumes? YOU KNOW?"

Yes, child of mine, I'm fully aware of what a costume party is! Sometimes I'm convinced there's a much older mind trapped in my five-year-old's head. Where people gather at Gram's??? He's hilarious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Whats the matter with you. We definately have structure and traditions for all of our Halloween occasions.

Grandpa Dan

Kaci said...

LOL! How dare you!

Betsy Hart said...

LOL! That is too funny! And what a diva (is there a boyish term for that??) That he needs TWO costumes for the different events on halloween!!