Saturday, September 26, 2009

Whine Whine Whine

My back has been aching TERRIBLY the last two weeks. The muscles keep spasming, which pulls everything out of alignment, and screws up my neck, which makes the right side of my neck (from the base of my skull right on down the curve into my right shoulder) ACHE as well, which then also has been trigging some pretty severe headaches. I hesitate to call them migraines, but they're INTENSE.

If that's not bad enough, I think I might have carpal tunnel syndrome. I don't have any tingling or numbness, but I have totally unexplainable PAIN in my right wrist when I flex it up or down, or grip a door knob and turn it to the right, or try to fold my arms across my chest (which I never realized I did all that frequently until I keep hurting my hand in the attempt to do it before I realize what I'm doing). It's not tender to touch, but it hurts pretty bad to MOVE. I haven't fallen on it, bonked it on anything, or anything else along those lines. It's been about a week and I plan to give it about another week, and if it it still hurts, I will go get it checked out. It's even hard bearing weight, like picking up Connor, or carrying in a heavy bag in that hand. As if I don't have enough problems right now; I don't need a gimpy hand on top of it!

Also, the puppy STINKS. I bathe him frequently, and as soon as he's spent anytime outside, he stinks again. GAG! He's lucky he's so dang CUTE (and easy to bathe!). Febreze and Glade's new furniture and carpet spray have been my good friends lately. Charlie doesn't spend time in the carpeted areas, or on any of the furniture, but just having a FRESH smell in the house makes certain that the DOG smell isn't the leading scent in my home!

I have laundry from Monday folded and waiting to be put away, but haven't been home or free long enough to do so. Now I have all the laundry from Thursday waiting to be folded and then put away. I'm hoping tomorrow mid-day will be my chance to catch up on some housework!!

Alright, sorry to bore you with my gripes, but a gal's gotta vent sometimes!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

Stinky puppy...bad!!!

I had the achy wrist thing when I first started my desk job...luckily it went away. Hope it does the same for you. Maybe ice and a wrist brace?

Anonymous said...

Leah it sounds like tendonitis, it is painfull! but it does go away, try wrapping your wrist in an ace bandage and try to avoid using it. hope your week is better take care ~Amy A

Cindy Lou Who said...

awww..sorry! Wish I was there to help. Try Advil for swelling and chiropractors have the best wrist braces you can buy over the counter and work wonders. sleep with it on too - you over stretch it more when you sleep.

Betsy Hart said...

:( Whine away. I do it often!