Monday, September 28, 2009

Quote of the Week

backstory: After Connor walked face-first into a spider web Friday night, I was telling the boys how it had happened to me one time when I had walked outside to feed our dog when I was much younger and still living with my parents. I told the boys that from that point on, I kept a small stick just inside the door that I would wave around in front of me when I was going out the door in order to knock down any spider webs that might be in my way.

Saturday, Jared came in from outside with a stick in his hand, with his dad following him into the house. Jared set the stick down, then turned to his dad and said this:

"Daddy, I'm going to do what mama did in the old days..."

THE OLD DAYS?!?!?

4 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

ha ha ha - Well you know back in the "OLD" days when you wore prairie dresses and rode in wagons, there were spiders around. LOL

Betsy Hart said...

ROFL!!! That kid is too much!

Marlee said...

Tell Jared that grandma Marlee still holds up her arm when she walks around grandpa Jeff's truck in the mornings when we go fishing because of the spider webs! I HATE walking into spider webs and getting them on my face!! I wonder what he'd call the days of my childhood -- Ancient History?!

Kaci said...

:) LOL!