Wednesday, November 17, 2010

1st storm of the season!

And if the scientists and weather forcasters have it right, it sounds like this winter is going to be ROUGH for most of us. Is it okay to just stick up our white flag of surrender now before it gets any worse?

I started to remove some of the branches from the patio (which, I might add, hit the roof BEFORE ending up on the patio!), but some of them were so big I could barely lift them! One of them was a huge forked branch that I had to DRAG across the yard to the burn pile!
Photobucket

This picture does not do justice to the amount of branches and twigs that were strewn all across my yard, the alley, and into the neighbor's yard
Photobucket

I thought this one was funny, sticking straight out from another bush, blocking the walkway, like a tollbooth or something!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

huge branch sticking out both sides of bush in the yard!
Photobucket

Branch that fell right above the kids' rooms and scared Emily half to death (it rattle her room so hard that some little knick-knack stuff got knocked over!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

you can barely see the cement of the porch, or the blacktop of the driveway under all the Fir needles!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Wow Leah. Did your dad ever find anything with the roof? Or are you all good now?

Kaci said...

HOLY CANANOLIS!! (It's a word) I would have been scared too! Poor Em!

Grandma Marlee said...

Wow! You have way more stuff that fell in your yard than ours!! I don't believe there are any branches on our roof and I only felt the need to move two smaller branches in the driveway just in case they would have gotten hung up under the car when I drove out. We did hear a lot of fir cones hitting the roof.