Monday, November 22, 2010

Picture day outfit

Connor's preschool class had their individual and group pictures taken last week. Connor was so excited for picture day, and bounced right out of bed and got himself dressed (while I was totally unaware he was even up, since he usually ISN'T at that time!).
Photobucket

I'd had the sweater vest in mind, but the rest of the outfit needed some help. However, he was so stinkin' pleased with his choice, and I didn't want to crush any feelings OR cause a major tantrum by making demands, so I had to be VERY creative and used my persuasive "powers" to the best of my ability.

I talked him into a long-sleeved button up collar shirt that goes with the sweater vest by reminding him that Jared wore a button up collar shirt with HIS sweater for picture day, and told him that mommy really wanted the pictures to look similar on the wall. He went for it. Talking him out of the shorts was a much longer process. If it'd just been his individual picture (from the chest up, as most school pictures are), I'd have left the shorts alone, regardless of the cold temps and pouring rain; I'd have been willing to cut my losses on that one. Except, EXCEPT, it was also the GROUP picture day, which meant FULL BODY SHOT. The shorts HAD TO GO. I ended up managing to talk him into wearing the shorts the next day instead. PHEW!

Gotta love that he took some initiative, though, right?!?

3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

That is stinking cute!

Kaci said...

He does look super proud of himself! HA!

Cindy Lou Who said...

he is so cute!