Monday, January 16, 2012

knitting, knitting, and a little crochet

My friend Kaci is due with baby #2 in February, so as soon as I got through the Christmas rush, I finally tackled some of the projects I'd planned to make her for the baby-to-be:

this little hat has a removeable bow, which is actually a hair clip for when baby is older!
Photobucket

I've been seeing a lot of squared off hats lately and I think they're so cute! I made this one big so she'll have it for next year
Photobucket

I've also been seeing these snuggle snacks all over Pinterest and had to give one a try!
Photobucket

I dug out Em's old doll, "Boy Baby", to show off how it looks. He's a little bigger than a newborn baby, so there should be some growing room in real life.
Photobucket

The same weekend I finished up Kaci's gifts, I found out my friend Kristina and her husband had been chosen to adopt a baby, so I scrambled to whip up a few hats to send to her. I stupidly assumed the birth mom (or birth parents, in this case), would choose them a month or so before the birth and we'd all have a little warning, but as it turns out, they got THE CALL and TA-DA, they're immediately new parents! I'd have done a little snuggle sack for baby Mikey as well if I'd had a bit more notice, but since he's already HERE, I didn't want to waste any time getting him his gifts!
Photobucket

And then with a little encouragement from a friend (thanks Kelli!), I got online, figured out how to crochet (at least how to crochet the stitches needed for this particular project), and crocheted Connor this monster hat from Pinterest
Photobucket

The eye is a little messed up, but I'm overall quite pleased for a first attempt at crocheting!! Emily and Jared have already put in requests for their own monster hats. *grin*

5 comments:

Kaci said...

I absolutely adore everything you made. LOVE IT! Kristina's hats came out really cute too!

Betsy Hart said...

I love seeing all your pintrest finished products! =) They all look amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on everything!!! I love the owl sleep sack/hat set. Super cute! You do great work. :) I look forward to seeing what else you tackle with your new crochet skills. ;)

Kristina said...

I LOVE it all, too!! I hope it's cold tomorrow when I take Mikey to the doctor so I can put him in one of those adorable hats! My favorite is the brown and blue / teal combo...he's adorable in it! I can't wait to hear how Kaci likes the snuggle pouch - Mikey likes to be swaddled, but I'm kinda bad at it...

Shan said...

Lovely gifts from a lovely lady for some lovely ladies! Well done!