Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Latest Crochet Projects

I've been wanting to work on a crochet head wrap, but hadn't gotten around to it. The perfect opportunity came along when a friend put in an order. I got straight to work on the head wrap and the interchangeable flowers. I'm quite pleased with how it all turned out!!
Photobucket

I've also been wanting to make Emily Grace a newsboy hat, but hadn't found a free pattern I was interested in, and hadn't decided on what colors to commit to. After doing the interchangeable flowers for the headwrap, it gave me the push I needed to work on Em's hat. I chose light gray since that would coordinate with just about anything, and I made a bunch of interchangeable flowers so she can change up her look. Here she is posing in the sparkly purple flower version
Photobucket

I ended up buying a newsboy hat pattern online because I just wasn't finding what I wanted in the free category. This hat comes out really thick and warm!
Photobucket

I made the kids beard hats for Christmas! I even lined the hats with leftover fleece from when I made them all pajamas and robes for their birthdays. The beards button on/off so the hats can be used seperately if they want, and it makes the beard a little more adjustable for different sized faces.
Photobucket

Lookin' tough!
Photobucket

Dan asked for a Mr. T beard hat after he saw the kids's hats, so I scrambled to finish it before he left for his quick trip to PA for the Steelers game at the end of December.
Photobucket



2 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Oh my goodness those headbands are so cute! Are they the ones that keep your ears warm or the ones to just wear on your head for decoration? (Lol, makes me sound silly doesn't it!?) and how much do you charge for the headbands? What about that pretty had (under the one Emily is wearing) =) You are just amazing at this!

Kaci said...

I love the beard hats!! Make one for Emmy =)